US President nominates Indian American Richard Verma to top diplomatic position in State Department
Tags: Person in news
US President Joe Biden on 23 December nominated Indian American Richard R Verma to a top diplomatic position in the US Department of State.
- Biden announced his intention to nominate Verma as Deputy Secretary of State for Management and Resources.
- Verma is the Chief Legal Officer and Head of Global Public Policy at Mastercard.
- He was the United States Ambassador to India and Assistant Secretary of State for Legislative Affairs during the Obama Administration.
- Prior to that he was National Security Advisor to United States Senator Harry Reid (D-NV).
- He has also been Democratic Whip, Minority Leader, and then Majority Leader of the United States Senate.
- He has served as Vice Chairman of The Asia Group, Partner and Senior Counselor at Steptoe & Johnson LLP, and Senior Counselor at the Albright Stonebridge Group.
- He received numerous awards and decorations, including the Distinguished Service Medal from the State Department, the International Affairs Fellowship from the Council on Foreign Relations, and the Meritorious Service Medal from the United States Air Force.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -