PV Sindhu among top 25 highest-paid female athletes in Forbes annual list
India's badminton star PV Sindhu is the only Indian sportsperson to feature in the top 25 of Forbes' annual list of the world's highest-paid female athletes.
- Sindhu, the 2016 Tokyo Olympics silver medalist, is ranked 12th in the list, which is topped by Japanese tennis star Naomi Osaka.
- The 27-year-old Sindhu, who won the singles gold and doubles silver at the Commonwealth Games in Birmingham earlier this year, earned $7 million out of her total earnings of $7.1 million.
- For the third year in a row, Osaka topped Forbes' annual list of the world's highest-paid female athletes. The list is once again dominated by tennis players.
- Naomi Osaka, the world number 42, topped the list with a total annual earning of $51.1 million, while Serena Williams is a distant second with $41.3 million and Eileen Gu, the freestyle skier, third with a total coffer of $20.1 million.
List of 15 highest paid female athletes of the year
- Naomi Osaka (Japan) – Tennis – $51.1 million
- Serena Williams (USA) – Tennis – $41.3 million
- Elieen Gu (China) – Skiing – $20.1 million
- Emma Raducanu (UK) – Tennis – $18.7 million
- Iga Swiatek (Poland) – Tennis – $14.9 million
- Venus Williams (USA) – Tennis – $12.1 million
- Coco Gauff (USA) – Tennis – $11.1 million
- Simone Biles (USA) – Gymnastics – $10 million
- Jessica Pegula (USA) – Tennis – $7.6 million
- Minjee Lee (Australia) – Golf – $7.3 million
- Candace Parker (USA) - Basketball - $7.2 million
- P.V. Sindhu (India) - Badminton - $7.1 million
- Leylah Fernandez (Canada) - Tennis -$7 million
- Lydia Ko (New Zealand) - Golf - $6.9 million
- Ons Jabeur (Tunisia) - Tennis - $6.5 million
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -