Aman Sehrawat won gold medal in Asian Wrestling Championship 2023
Tags: State News
On 13 April, Indian wrestler Aman Sehrawat won the gold medal in the men's 57 kg freestyle category at the Asian Wrestling Championships 2023 held in Astana, Kazakhstan.
An Overview of the News
- Sehrawat won the gold medal by defeating Almaz Samanbekov of Kyrgyzstan with a score of 9-4.
- India got its first gold medal in the Asian Wrestling Championship 2023.
- It was Aman Sehrawat's second podium finish of the year. He had earlier won the gold medal in the Under-23 World Championship held in Spain last year.
- India won 13 medals at the Asian Wrestling Championships 2023 with two freestyle medals, four Greco-Roman medals and seven women's wrestling medals.
- The Asian Wrestling Championships is an annual wrestling competition organised by the Asian Wrestling Federation (AWF).
- The championships consist of men's freestyle, men's Greco-Roman and women's freestyle wrestling events.
- The first Asian Wrestling Championship was held in 1979 in Tehran, Iran.
- It is a Central Asian country that was once a part of the Soviet Union. It became an independent nation in 1991 after the dissolution of the Soviet Union.
- The country is the ninth largest country in the world by land area, stretching from the Caspian Sea in the west to the Altai Mountains in the east.
- The capital of Kazakhstan is Nur-Sultan, which was renamed from Astana in 2019. It is a modern city known for its futuristic architecture.
- Almaty is the largest city in Kazakhstan and an important cultural and economic centre. It was the capital of Kazakhstan until 1997 when the government was moved to Astana.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -