Indian wrestler Nisha Dahiya won silver medal in Asian Wrestling Championship
Tags: Sports News
Indian wrestler Nisha Dahiya won the silver medal at the Asian Wrestling Championships on April 13, 2023 in Astana, Kazakhstan.
An Overview of the News
- In the women's 68 kg category, Nisha lost the final match to Japan's Ami Ishii by a scoreline of 10-0.
- Nisha defeated Feng Zhou of China by a score of 7-6 in the semi-finals.
- Indian wrestler, Priya Malik won the bronze medal in the 76 kg category of the tournament against Japan's Mizuki Nagashima in the repechage round.
- The Asian Wrestling Championships is an annual wrestling competition organised by the Asian Wrestling Federation (AWF).
- The championships consist of men's freestyle, men's Greco-Roman and women's freestyle wrestling events.
- The first Asian Wrestling Championship was held in 1979 in Tehran, Iran.
- It is a Central Asian country that was once a part of the Soviet Union. It became an independent nation in 1991 after the dissolution of the Soviet Union.
- The country is the ninth largest country in the world by land area, stretching from the Caspian Sea in the west to the Altai Mountains in the east.
- The capital of Kazakhstan is Nur-Sultan, which was renamed from Astana in 2019. It is a modern city known for its futuristic architecture.
- Almaty is the largest city in Kazakhstan and an important cultural and economic centre. It was the capital of Kazakhstan until 1997 when the government was moved to Astana.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -