IAF to participate in multilateral international air exercise ORION in France
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) arrived at the Air Force Base Station of the French Air and Space Force (FASF) in Mont de Marsan, France to participate in the Orion exercise.
An Overview of the News:
- The ORION exercise program is being conducted from 17 April to 05 May 2023.
- The IAF contingent for the exercise includes four Rafale aircraft, two C-17 and two ll-78 aircraft and 165 airmen.
- This will be the first overseas exercise for the Rafale aircraft inducted into the IAF.
Participant countries in the Orion exercise:
- Apart from IAF and French Air and Space Force, air forces from Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, UK, Spain and USA are also participating in the exercise.
- The participation during this exercise will further enrich the working style of IAF with air forces of other countries.
- The exercise is the largest ever multinational exercise of the French Defense Forces, involving their Army, Navy and Air Force along with their main partner countries.
- Capital: Paris
- Currency: Euro
- President: Emmanuel Macron
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -