The Mukhyamantri Teerth Yatra Yojana
- The Delhi government has decided to include Kartarpur Sahib in Pakistan under the CM’s free pilgrimage scheme for the senior citizens of the city.
- under which senior citizens of Delhi can go on pilgrimages at the government’s expense.
- “The Delhi government has decided to add two more routes in addition to the existing 13 yatra routes — Delhi-Velankanni-Delhi and Delhi-Kartarpur Sahib-Delhi — under its Mukhyamantri Tirth Yatra scheme.
What is the “Kartarpur Corridor” project?
- The corridor – often dubbed as the “Road to Peace” – will connect Gurdwara Darbar Sahib in Pakistan’s Kartarpur with Dera Baba Nanak shrine in India’s Gurdaspur district.
- Kartarpur gurudwara is the revered shrine about 4km across the border where Guru Nanak Dev spent the last 18 years of his life.
- The first guru of Sikhism, Guru Nanak, founded Kartarpur in 1504 AD on the right bank of the Ravi River.
- The name Kartarpur means “Place of God”.
- The corridor was built to commemorate 550th birth anniversary celebrations of Guru Nanak Dev, founder of Sikhism on 12th November 2019.
About Guru Nanak:
- Guru Nanak Dev (1469-1539) also referred to as Baba Nanak was the founder of Sikhism and is the first of the ten Sikh Gurus.
- He advocated the ‘Nirguna’ form of Bhakti.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -