The new butterfly park at Anamalai Tiger Reserve:
- The new butterfly park at Anamalai Tiger Reserve emphasises the need to conserve indigenous species.
Anamalai Tiger Reserve:
- It was earlier known as Indira Gandhi Wildlife Sanctuary and National Park and as Anamalai Wildlife Sanctuary.
- It is located in Tamilnadu.
- It is one of the four Tiger Reserves in Tamil Nadu. It forms part of the Southern Western Ghats.
- It forms part of the Anamalai Parambikulam Elephant Reserve declared in 2003.
- It is surrounded by Parambikulam Tiger Reserve on the East, Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary and Eravikulam National Park on the South Western side (all belong to Kerala).
Other protected areas in Tamilnadu:
- Mudumalai Tiger Reserve.
- Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve.
- Mukurthi National Park.
- Gulf of Mannar Marine National Park.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -