Central Bureau of Narcotics launches Unified Portal
Tags: National News
The Central Bureau of Narcotics launched the Unified Portal on 11th April and the portal was inaugurated by Shri Sanjay Malhotra, Revenue Secretary.
An Overviews of the News
- The portal has been launched towards strengthening the vision of Digital India during the period of 'Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav'.
- This portal is a one-stop solution for licensing and ExIM authorizations issued by the Bureau.
- The portal is designed to create efficiency, transparency and accountability among the users of the department to promote the growth of drugs and pharma sector, boost economy for "Atma Nirbhar Bharat", and meet the needs of pharma and chemical industries.
- The launch of the Unified Portal will ease the process of doing business with NDPS and Controlled Substances in the country with transparency and better compliance.
- The portal is integrated with other government services such as Bharat Kosh, GST, PAN-NSDL verification, e-Sanchit and UIDAI, facilitating a single point service for obtaining licence from CBN.
About Central Bureau of Narcotics (CBN)
- The Central Bureau of Narcotics is a Central Government organisation dealing with international trade in Narcotic Drugs, Psychotropic Substances and Precursor Chemicals under various United Nations Conventions and the provisions of the NDPS Act, 1985.
- It is the nodal agency of the Government of India responsible for controlling the production, trade and consumption of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances in India.
- It was established under the Indian Opium Act, 1857.
- It issues licences for the cultivation, production and distribution of narcotics and intoxicants.
- The CBN monitors and regulates the production and distribution of these substances, and combats illegal drug trafficking.
- The CBN collaborates with other law enforcement agencies such as the Narcotics Control Bureau, Customs and Excise Department to coordinate efforts to combat drug trafficking and abuse.
- CBN collaborates with international agencies such as the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) and the International Narcotics Control Board (INCB) to combat the global problem of drug trafficking and abuse.
Establishment - 1935
Headquarters - Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -