Southern states lead in State Energy Efficiency Index 2021-22
Union Minister for Power and Renewable Energy R. K. Singh released the State Energy Efficiency Index (SEEI) 2021-22 report on 10 April.
An Overview of the News:
- The SEEI was released during the RPM (Review, Planning and Monitoring) meeting of states and state utility companies in New Delhi.
- Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Rajasthan and Telangana are among the top ranked states in the State Energy Efficiency Index-SEEI.
- Four states Assam, Haryana, Maharashtra and Punjab are in the achiever category with scores between 50 and 60.
- Besides, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Assam and Chandigarh are the top performing states in their respective state groups.
Objective of State Energy Efficiency Index:
- To help states identify areas for improvement, learn from best practices and adopt an economy-friendly approach to energy efficiency implementation.
- By prioritizing energy efficiency, it aims to drive carbon reduction efforts and achieve a more sustainable future.
- The index is designed to help monitor progress toward state goals for energy savings and emissions reductions.
Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE):
- The Government of India established the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) on 1 March 2002 under the provisions of the Energy Conservation Act, 2001.
- The mission of the Bureau of Energy Efficiency is to assist in developing policies and strategies under the provisions of the Energy Conservation Act, 2001 with an emphasis on self-regulation and market principles.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -