Indian Grandmaster D Gukesh Wins Title In World Chess Armageddon Asia And Oceania Event
Indian Grandmaster D Gukesh emerged winner of the World Chess Armageddon Asia and Oceania tournament after defeating former World Rapid Champion Nodirbek Abdusatarov of Uzbekistan in the final.
An Overviews of the News
- In the event, Gukesh won over a field that also included former world classical champions Vladimir Kramnik, Daniil Dubov, Yangyi Yu (China), Vidit Gujrathi and Karthikeyan Murali (both India), Param Maghsudlu (Iran) and Nodirbek Abdusatrov.
- The Armageddon game is a variant of blitz chess, used to determine a winner after a series of drawn games. A drawn game in Armageddon is counted as a win for Black.
- Both Gukesh and Abdusatrov have qualified for the Grand Finale of Armageddon, which is scheduled for September.
- It is a country in Central Asia, bordered by Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Afghanistan and Turkmenistan.
- Uzbekistan was a constituent republic of the Soviet Union until its independence in 1991.
- Samarkand and Bukhara are two of the most prominent cities of Uzbekistan, famous for their stunning architectural creations, vibrant bazaars and rich cultural heritage.
- The people of Uzbekistan are mainly of Uzbek ethnicity, and they speak Uzbek as their colloquial language.
- Uzbekistan is home to several important historical sites, including Registan, a majestic public square in Samarkand, and the Ark Fortress, an ancient citadel in Bukhara.
Capital - Tashkent
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -